, , , , , , ,

Being sick for over 3 weeks is no joke. Even though I wasn’t seriously sick, just being under the weather for so long has left me feeling drained and blah. I start the day out so pumped to be feeling well but then get tired so fast. I know working more variety into the diet and getting back into a regular exercise routine will help but I’m struggling to not just take a nap everyday.

Sunday I made my first attempt at a “workout” in about 2 weeks. It was just a easy 45 minute bike ride but it felt really good.


Navyguy and I took some advice from our local running store and actually found an awesome little trail right by our house. I can’t wait to run it but I think I’m going to have to wait until the pollen calms down a bit before trying. I know I’ve already said this, but seriously, for a Marylander this South Carolina pollen is seriously harsh.


I ended up napping on Monday instead of working out but by Tuesday I was so ready to be back in the gym. I was craving a tough workout but I didn’t want to overdo and burnout my first week back so I went with tough, but short and simple. I did a 1.25 mile on the treadmill at a pretty decent-for-me pace and a 15 minute strength circuit of mostly squats, lunges, and push-ups. Nothing fancy, but it felt good and I definitely am feeling it today.

Today I ellipticized for 30 minutes and called it a day. I thought I’d feel frustrated getting back in the gym and not having the same intensity I had a little over a month ago, but surprisingly I’m not. I know it’s not going to help anything if I overdo and I’m honestly just happy to feel healthy again.

Lunches have been pretty much the same around here but I’m finally graduating to real food instead of just eggs and toast for breakfast and lunch.


This morning I chugged down a black smoothie on my way to work. Ok, It wasn’t really black but it looked pretty close.

The mix: banana, frozen blueberries, spinach, and vanilla almond milk.

Dinner tonight was a deconstructed fish taco. Too much goodness for just one tortilla.


Black beans, lime cilantro tomatos, romaine lettuce, and home made baked tortilla chips (cut up soft tortilla baked in the oven until crisp).


With grilled mahi mahi and some guac on the side. It was so delicious, but a lot of food, don’t let this picture fool you, that is a huge plate.

Since I get to work at 6:30 my lunch typically starts between 9 and 9:15AM. Crazy right? I try to have something light on my way out the door, a pretty decent sized meal during “lunch” and a snack during my break (usually between 12-1). I hit the gym after work around 3:45-4 and by the time I get home in the evening I’m usually starving. Example – the other night I came home and inhaled 3 large slices of pizza just because they were there and ready to eat.

Maybe if I had a snack on my way home I might not be such a ravenous beast when I walk in the door? I’m going to have to try something because my dinners are getting out of control.

What time do you usually eat lunch?